My guest today is Danielle Roberts, founding partner at Boomer Benefits and author of the best-selling book 10 Costly Medicare Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make. Danielle is a well-known professional in the Medicare insurance industry, having personally helped thousands of beneficiaries with their plan decisions. She has also specialized in Medicare-related insurance products for over 15 years and is a member of the prestigious Forbes Finance Council.
As a Medicare Supplement Accredited Adviser, Danielle is well versed in all issues currently affecting Medicare. She is also a regular contributor to several industry publications and has written extensively about Medicare and Medigap plans.
In this episode, we talk about all things Medicare, including the common mistakes beneficiaries often make and how to avoid them. Whether you’re new to Medicare or simply want to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision this open enrollment season, this episode is packed with useful information and unique insights.
With that, I hope you enjoy this episode of Financial Finesse with Danielle Roberts.
- [00:05:14] Cathy and Danielle discuss the Medicare premiums marriage penalty.
- [00:07:23] Why it’s essential to start planning for Medicare well before your 65th birthday.
- [00:12:58] The challenges self-employed people, especially those who work past age 65, may face when enrolling in Medicare.
- [00:16:26] Danielle explains what Medicare Part C is, how it differs from Original Medicare and Medigap, and the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
- [00:28:28] Switching from Medicare Advantage to Medigap.
- [00:38:10] How someone with a history of disease or illness should approach Medicare.
- [00:46:55] How to think about the Medicare decision if you’re a frequent traveler.
- [00:50:24] The risks associated with not reviewing your Medicare plan each year.
- [00:53:08] The mistakes Danielle Roberts sees Medicare beneficiaries make most often.