Take Control of Your Spending Habit Once and For All
In this episode, Cathy shares her tips and strategies for getting your spending habit under control once and for all this year.
Welcome to Episode 1 of the 5th season of the Financial Finesse podcast!
Today I’m going to talk about spending—specifically, how to get your spending under control. Many of my clients told me that one of their goals for 2023 is to get their spending on discretionary items under control. (In other words, the things you really don’t have to have.)
And they may not have a spending problem per se. But they know their spending is probably one of the things that’s keeping them from reaching their longer-term financial goals, and/or it’s just making them uncomfortable. They don’t feel right about their spending habits.
I have to admit, I can relate to this because I have a little bit of a clothing infatuation. I love anything new, and I love clothing and accessories. So, I’m going to be right there with you in working on getting my own spending habit under control this year.
- [02:11] What do habits have to do with spending?
- [03:23] Identifying your biggest spending weakness or weaknesses.
- [06:05] What are your spending triggers?
- [08:45] Setting your new budget for the year ahead.
- [10:32] How to find ways to support yourself in reaching your goal.
- [16:23] Determining your values and aligning your spending accordingly.
- [17:33] Download our free e-book, How to Take Control of Your Spending This Year.
Links Relevant to this Episode
How to Take Control of Your Spending This Year Blog Series:
How to Take Control of Your Spending This Year (Free e-book)
The Happiness Spreadsheet (Free e-book)